From:
Beau Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beau Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2012 23:23:07 -0400
Kiser Lake is just north of Saint Paris, OH in Champaign County. It was a
rainy overcast morning but Ben Eckstein and myself set out anyway and we
weren't disappointed. We went to the fishing pier just off Kiser Lake Rd,
parked, and got out. Shortly thereafter an adult Little Blue Heron flew to
the southeast shoreline by the pier and perched on a log in the water. We
observed it for several minutes and then it flew right in front of us to the
shoreline on the other side of the pier for even closer looks for several
minutes. Sadly I did not take my camera due to the wet weather. Still, it
was a very cool sighting. Other sightings included:

Scarlet Tanager (my first, very cool)
Eastern Kingbird (3)
Red-bellied Woodpecker
American Robin
Common Grackle
Yellow Warbler (about 5)
Wood Duck (6)
Gray Catbird
American Coot
Red-winged Blackbird
Carolina Chickadee
Mallard
Northern Parula
Great Blue Heron
Canada Geese
Warbling Vireo
Brown-headed Cowbird
1st year Female Baltimore Oriole
Barn Swallow (5)
Turkey Vulture

Pull in oval across from camp area southeast side of lake

Orchard Oriole
Baltimore Oriole
House Sparrow
Tree Swallow