From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2012 15:42:25 -0700
I went to Wildwood/Villa Angela State Parks in Cleveland very late Saturday form 4pm til 6:40 and then again today from 8:40am to 3:50pm.  Saturday only saw seven warblers species including Yellow-bellied Flycatcher, Northern Parula and Canada Warbler.  Today I birded with Mark Anderson until 9:40am when he left for a meeting.  Most of the birds were further into Villa Angela away from the lake.  Here are some of the birds seen:

Green Heron 1, Great Blue Herons 2
Cooper's Hawk 1
Spotted Sandpiper 1
Black-billed Cuckoo 1 (found by Mark in trees west end of field close to library fenceline)
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher 1 (only on 5/19 - first I have seen)
Least Flycatchers 12+ very numerous today
Great Crested Flycatchers 3
Blue-headed Vireo 1
Red-eyed Vireos & Warbling Vireos - numerous
Barn Swallows 55+
Blue-gray Gnatcatchers 3, House Wrens
Veery 1
Gray-cheeked Thrush 1
Swainson's Thrush  25+
Wood Thrush 2
Gray Catbirds 25+
Northern Mockingbird 1
Cedar Waxwing 1 (hard to see)

Warblers:  (14 species today)
Northern Parula 1 (only 5/19)
Yellow - numerous
Chestnut-sided 6-7
Magnolia ~ 10
Black-throated Blue 1f
Black-throated Green 4
Blackburnian 1
Bay-breasted 1
Blackpoll  5
American Redstart 9
Ovenbird 1
Common Yellowthroat 5
Hooded Warbler 1 female (first I have seen)
Wilson's 1
Canada 2 (one was near mobile home fenceline just south of woods opening near lake for very long time - calling continually - other was east end of birch/alder woods near field north of library.  The field and adjacent woods and silver maple woods were very birdy.

Lincoln Sparrow 1
White-throated 1 (yesterday & today - near fenceline of library today)
Rose-breasted Grosbeak 1 female (found by Mark - east end of field in trees)
Baltimore Orioles - numerous

The Hooded Warbler was approx 15 ft south of the grassy path leading west into the woods west of the grassy knoll in  a slight opening looking through a tunnel of thickets.  Only got obstructed brief looks to get picture. Hooded Warblers sometimes hang around here during migration.

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
Northeastern Cuyahoga County
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/