From:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2012 18:53:45 -0400
All (members and any- ANY - guests) are welcome to attend the Columbus
Audubon program this coming Tuesday.  Details below:

We will start with the 7pm Columbus Audubon Short program by Susan Levine on
her amazing book about " Packard Takes Flight" about Peregrine Falcons and
landmarks they visit in Columbus.   http://www.susanlevinebooks.com/

At 7:15 we will have a 15 minute break then our evening program begins:

Columbus Audubon Presents:

The Wonderful World of Warblers

Presented by Tom Sheley

Tuesday, May 22nd at 7:30 PM

The Grange Insurance Audubon Center

505 West Whittier Street Columbus, OH 43215

www.columbusaudubon.org

Columbus Audubon

The Wonderful World of Warblers

Presented by Tom Sheley

Owner of Wild Birds Unlimited on Riverside Drive and Columbus Audubon
Trustee

Wood-warblers are some of the most sought after, intriguing birds of North
America. These small, energetic birds with their vibrant colors and
patterns, endearing behavior and spectacular migrations fascinate birders
and casual observers alike. Where do warblers originate? Why do they migrate
such great distances? Where and how do we find them? Tom shares his
fascination with wood-warblers as he explores their origins, destinations
and diversity of niches. Ohio, with its diversity of habitats, happens to be
one of the best locations in the United States to seek out both migrating
and resident warblers. Tom will share some of his favorite "hotspots" to
view and photograph warblers. We will wind up the program with a fun and
informative photographic "birder's quiz" (field and ID guides allowed!).

A native of Columbus, Ohio, Tom has held an interest in all things natural,
living or inanimate, ever since he can remember. Much of his free time
growing up was spent in woods and afield camping, fishing, hunting
mushrooms, watching and photographing wildlife, and exploring the natural
world with his Dad and Granddad. Tom currently serves as trustee for
Columbus Audubon, and is active in conservation and naturalist groups
including The Nature Conservancy, the Wheaton Club and the Columbus Natural
History Society. Tom and his wife, Donna, own and operate Wild Birds
Unlimited on Riverside Drive. Also an avid photographer, Tom still spends
his free time much as he did at an early age, chasing the light and enjoying
the wild side of life.