From:
"Bennett, Gregory" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bennett, Gregory
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2012 21:07:47 -0400
Highlights this morning from Akron: Summit Lake had American coot, common nighthawk, wood thrush and blackpoll warblers. This month I've found red-bellied and downy woodpecker, tree swallow and chickadee nests. Starlings seem to prefer dilapidated homes and light fixtures so cavity nesters have a chance. At Wilbeth Rd, hen and wood ducklings, red-breasted merganser overhead high-tailing it north, common gallinule, yellow-billed cuckoo, white-breasted nuthatch feeding young, prothonotary on territory, Nashville, redstart, maggies, blackpoll and black-throated warblers, orchard oriole.

After breakfast, with the fiancee to Holden Arboretum, Kirtland, Lake Co, for the plant sale. Heard bobolink and meadowlark from overflow parking. On the old valley trail, brown creeper and Lousiana waterthrush on territory. We sent the couple behind us off after the waterthrush but not until after hearing about their trip to Magee and how helpful and knowledgeable the guides on the boardwalk had been.

Got home with wild columbine, Baptisia, wild clematis and geranium, spicebushes and honeysuckle (NOT Japanese) in time to see the Heat turn it around in the second half!

Peace,
Gregory Bennett
Akron OH