From:
Leslie Sours <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leslie Sours <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2012 13:45:34 -0400
Couldn't manage to get this bird at Magee last week.....but...

I was just walking through the parking lot of the State of Ohio Computer Center and heard a "new" warbler.  I waited and followed the hyperactive bird from tree to tree until he popped out in the sun.....an unmistakeable Wilson's.  Black cap easily seen without binoculars....sitting low in the tree.  Came home and verified the song.

  He was in a cluster of locust trees at the entrance to the parking lot.  It can be accessed by parking on Cardiff Rd. off of North Star Rd. and walking down the path to the parking lot.....or by coming in from Lane Ave on Carmack Rd. and turning right on Arthur James and parking off to the side at the end.  Scan the locust trees.

These young locust trees have had palm, yellow, and magnolia this week and last.  It is a great little spot.  There is a small hedgerow of dense trees and shrubs opening up to corn field as well as some grassy field nearby.  It is very reliable for nesting gray catbirds and northern mockingbirds, both seen today.

I live just on the other side of North Star, and have had 11 species of warbler in my yard since May 3rd....Yellow, Magnolia, Tennessee, Nashville, American Redstart, Ovenbird, Black-throated blue, Blackburnian, Northern Parula, Chestnut-sided, and Common Yellowthroat.  I'm going to make this 12!  Fantastic.

Let me know if you find him!  He was a treat to see.

Leslie

Sent from my iPad