From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2012 19:01:20 -0700
I went to Villa Angela/Wildwood late today from 5:20 to 7:25pm.  I wasn't seeing much interesting.  It was so hot and late in the day.  I ended up walking down the west side of Euclid Creek very close to Lakeshore Blvd (near the Lakeshore Blvd bridge over Euclid Creek and ran into another sparrow that looked a bit like a Clay-colored Sparrow.  Thing is it was in the same place as the one I found on 5/7/12 so can't believe it's still there as I haven't been checking this area as much.  It was on a small grassy hill down near the creek near the "caution Combined Sewer Overflow sign".  It seemed to be hanging around the bushes along the creek just north of there before it flew in.  There are Chipping Sparrows hanging around here too.  So at this point I really am wondering if this is a Clay-colored Sparrow or not.  The gray on the neck looked slightly more drab this time.  Was only able to get a few pictures before it would disappear back in
 the bushes along the creek and got tired of me.  It really likes this grassy area just south of the sign near a black railing on a concrete wall.  Then it disappears in the grass below there towards the creek.  If anyone wants to look at the pictures and tell me its a Chipping Sparrow instead I would appreciate knowing.  The last one I found here on 5/7 was confirmed by Jenn Brumfield from my pictures but this one looks very similar.

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
Cuyahoga County
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/