From:
Steven Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2012 15:35:19 -0400
According to Ben, since the hallux(back toe) has been clipped, then it is an escapee from somewhere. I would think that the Cincy Zoo would have the legs banded, but I don't know there methods for IDing their waterfowl.  If someone is in the area, the directions to the bird is as follows.:

"The goose is in Covington KY has been there a week or two. It has a very distinctive honk, way different from the Canada's it is hanging out with. It seems to stay along the mural wall that starts at Madison and upriver to the Licking. You can go down Greenup street and past the barriers and park in the Mike Fink lot. If it isn't right there walk downriver."

I figure that if anyone were down that way, they could check with the zoo, and see if they are missing one, or they would know someone who would have one.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend.  And as you drive past your local graveyards and see the little flags dotted throughout the landscape, remember those who went into harms way so that you, I, and others can live, work, worship...and bird in freedom.

God Bless

Steve J.
(aka SJLaRue)
Recent Pics: http://sjlarue.smugmug.com/Unsorted/OhioBirds