From:
Margaret Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Margaret Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2012 13:55:55 -0400
Here are the 65 species seen on the eastern end of the Black Hand Gorge bike path this morning:

Canada goose
wood duck
great blue heron
turkey vulture
mourning dove
BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO - (FOY)  Biggest surprise!
chimney swift
RUBY-THROATED HUMMINGBIRD (FOY)
belted kingfisher
red-bellied woodpecker
downy woodpecker
northern flicker
pileated woodpecker
ACADIAN FLYCATCHER (FOY)  Lots!
eastern phoebe
great crested flycatcher
white-eyed vireo
yellow-throated vireo
warbling vireo
PHILADELPHIA VIREO (FOY)
red-eyed vireo
blue jay
American crow
northern rough-winged swallow
tree swallow
Carolina chickadee
tufted titmouse
Carolina wren
house wren
blue-gray gnatcatcher
ruby-crowned kinglet
wood thrush
American robin
gray catbird

(Now we get to the really good stuff!!)

WORM-EATING WARBLER (FOY)
Louisiana waterthrush
northern waterthrush
black-and-white warbler
Tennessee warbler
NASHVILLE WARBLER (FOY-Finally!)
Kentucky warbler
common yellowthroat
hooded warbler
cerulean warbler
northern parula
MAGNOLIA WARBLER (FOY)
yellow warbler
BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER (FOY)
yellow-rumped warbler
yellow-throated warbler
black-throated green warbler

(17 species of warbler in one morning in central Ohio!)

eastern towhee
chipping sparrow
song sparrow
white-throated sparrow
summer tanager - a pair!!!  Maybe they'll stay.
scarlet tanager
northern cardinal
rose-breasted grosbeak
indigo bunting
red-winged blackbird
common grackle
brown-headed cowbird
Baltimore oriole
American goldfinch

This makes 95 species in just two days here in Licking County, 23 warbler species total, bringing my year-list for Licking County to 166.  Get out there, central Ohio birders.  There's a lot of action right now.

Margaret Bowman
Newark, Licking Co., OH