From:
Bruce Glick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce Glick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2012 10:49:03 -0700
 A number of birders searched for the female Ruff this morning, with no luck. However, the three White-faced Ibis were still in the impoundment where they had been seen last evening. I left around noon.

An American Bittern was out in the open for a few minutes but then disappeared into the thick vegetation. Walking in from the parking lot at Wright Marsh, it was only 100 yards or so before the path reaches the railroad tracks at the east end of the impoundments. The ibis were in the impoundment to the south of the tall power line tower - turn at the second right off the main path (the two paths take off almost side by side) at the place where the gravel on the path ends. If you have questions please call me - 330-317-7798

Ducks included Gadwall, Wood Duck, Mallard, Lesser Scaup, Blue-winged Teal, Green-winged Teal, Hooded Merganser, plus Common Gallinule and 75 American Coots.

I don't know if anyone saw the Yellow-crowned Night-Herons last evening or this morning but I'm quite sure they are still there.

Bruce