Date:
Fri, 4 May 2012 17:02:14 -0400
I'll follow this up with a posting for today -- but this I feel is
important. There is a Columbus Audubon Program scheduled for 8:00 AM Saturday at
the Hoover Nature Preserve, see below.

It seems that somehow in listing the program in the Song Sparrow,  the CAS
newsletter, they neglected to indicate where the program meets. Ouija  board
anyone? Hoping that anyone intending to come for the program will read or
hear about this, the program will meet in the Area M parking lot of Front
Street  in Galena at 8:00 AM. Front Street is the street that is behind the
Galena  Municipal Building.

The recent rain has resulted in high water in the preserve. The
Prothonotaries love it but it does cause a proper footwear need. Flip-flops  won't cut
it.

CAS Listing:

Prothonotary and Other Warblers at Hoover Nature Preserve Saturday, May 5
at 8:00 a.m.
Charlie Bombaci will lead us on an expedition to see one of our  most
beautiful nesting species, the prothonotary warbler. We’ll also see what  other
migrants and local species can be found. Charlie maintains about 250 nest
boxes for prothonotary warblers and other cavity nesting species at Hoover,
making him one of North America's best known "prothonotary grandfathers."
Contact Charlie Bombaci at [log in to unmask]
(mailto:[log in to unmask]) .

Charlie B.