OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2012

From:
Scott Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2012 20:18:15 -0700
Greetings all,

While on a casual trip to visit the in-laws tonight, my wife and I were surprised to locate a Loggerhead Shrike on the power lines in front of their house in eastern Paulding County. The bird was located on private property and was still being seen when we left around nine o'clock this evening. As best I can tell this is the first record of this species for the county. Hopefully the bird will stick around. A single individual was all that was observed and at no point did it seem to attempt to move towards anything resembling a possible nesting site - but we'll keep our eyes out for it! Happy birding!

- Scott and Carrie Myers
Paulding, Ohio