OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2012

From:
"Henry W. Burton" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Henry W. Burton
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2012 08:59:11 -0400
Hello fellow birders,
           There was a posting the other day about the android version of
Ibird pro being on sale. It appears that the Iphone version is also on sale
at $ 2.99 ( normally $ 30.00 ). I consider this app the best app available (
I have all the major apps ). This app is the #1 seller in the states. It
currently has 924 species ( North America & Hawaii ). Two features that I
believe are unique to this app that greatly increase its usefulness over
other apps is the "favorites" feature and the ability to add photos to this
app.
           The favorite feature enables you to make a special "file" for say
a Florida trip. You would put all target birds for that Florida trip into a
favorite file titled Florida and when in Florida you would use that file and
would have the target birds quickly available without having to look threw
the whole app for the target bird(s) that you wanted information on. I
myself have at least a dozen individual state files and when on a trip this
speeds up my ability to get to specific birds.
           Adding photos say from Google, Flicker etc... gives you the
ability to "hand pick" your photos to use in the field ( flight, juvenile,
male, female, different angles ). As one tool to make id's in the field I
personally like having real photos. This is a great app, good format, ease
of use, comprehensive selection of birds, calls ( different regions etc...),
photos, range maps, species information etc... For $3 I do not believe
anyone will be disappointed. May the birds be with you, Henry.