OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2012

From:
jay lehman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jay lehman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2012 22:09:55 -0400
The juvenile Little Blue Heron was still present from 7:00 pm to 7:48 pm at
Mound Road but observed from the boat ramp at the end of Haines Road
opposite the Mound Road area.  My CCSP map says Haines Road but the road
sign says Youngs Road.  A bit confusing.  Someone was shooting at the
waters edge accessible from Mound Road.  When the shot resounded, the
Little Blue Heron flew up into some dead snags and remained there when I
left.  What is in season now?  The Osprey carried two sticks to the nest,
and was observed adding to or repairing the nest.

Jay Lehman, Cincinnati, sent from DROID