OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2012

From:
Ray Silvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Silvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2012 09:12:16 -0700
First thought was a female Yellow Warbler, nice !   But then the doubt monster crept it.   That sure is a dark crown for a Yellow. maybe it's a first fall Hooded, but no, they don't have yellowish wingbars and there's no dark loral spot or olive tinged auriculars.   Could be a Wilson's, but the bird didn't seem that small.  But heck, I have hardly seen any warblers for two months, so what's small or not.   The bird was working the honeysuckle and grape bushes and sometime was right down on the ground.  But these three all do that.

http://www.raysrock.com/warbler_hoowilyel_60D_06771_columbus_oh.jpg
http://www.raysrock.com/warbler_hoowilyel_60D_06786_columbus_oh.jpg
http://www.raysrock.com/warbler_hoowilyel_60D_06791_columbus_oh.jpg

Any help with pointers is appreciated.