OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2012

From:
Ethan Kistler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ethan Kistler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2012 17:27:04 -0700
The St. Mary's Fish Hatchery Marbled Godwit remains as of 5:30
Hi all,

The St. Mary's Fish Hatchery Marbled Godwit remains as of 5:30pm as well as the previously reported Black Tern. Just a word of advise, although the Marbled Godwit isn't spooked very easily, please give it space. While I was there, I watched as a couple of photographers were in their vehicle just a few yards away from it constantly following the bird. They finally spooked it enough where it flew across one of the fish ponds to a different location.

While speaking on the Grand Lake St. Mary's region - those who still need Eurasian Collared-Dove for the year, at least one was still present in Celina around the grain elevators at the intersection of Mill and W. Market Streets. This is where they have nested in the past.

Ethan Kistler
Oak Harbor, Ohio