OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2012

From:
Mark Shieldcastle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2012 15:15:32 -0400
The cold front passing through today could result in considerable movement
into Ohio for this weekend. All indications suggest it should be a good time
to get out and enjoy birds wherever you may be.

Blackpoll Warblers are starting to increase and warbler diversity as a whole
should be approaching its zenith over the next couple of weeks. Early
arrivals of what we generally think as October birds have appeared in the
past few days including White-throated Sparrow, Winter Wren, Purple Finch,
and Ruby-crowned Kinglet. Add to that, we're at the height of Broad-winged
Hawk migration and with shorebirds still available it could be quite a list
this weekend. With the out-of-range hummingbirds that have appeared at BSBO
the past couple of days could we be seeing some remnant from Issac we didn't
expect. If so what else could be in store?

Get out and welcome the newly arrived feathered friends.

Mark Shieldcastle
Research Director

Black Swamp Bird Observatory

Oak Harbor, Ohio 43449

419-898-4070

2011 League of Ohio Sportsmen Conservation Organization of the Year Award
2012 Eastern Maumee Bay Chamber of Commerce Prism Award for Community
Improvement

 <http://www.bsbobird.org/> www.bsbobird.org
 <http://www.ohioyoungbirders.org/> www.ohioyoungbirders.org
 <http://www.biggestweekinamericanbirding.com/>