OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2012

From:
Haans Petruschke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Haans Petruschke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2012 15:54:58 -0400
It is because of Lake Erie.  Crossing the lake can be a non stop flight of
50 to 80 miles.  Not like crossing the gulf of Mexico but a substantial
distance, and the near lakeshore areas, especially east of Cleveland, have
lots of good forage habitat.  By the time the birds reach southern Ohio
they may spread our more so you do not see the waves we sometimes get along
or near, the Lake Erie.

Haans Petruschke
Kirtland.

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Hayward Chappell <[log in to unmask]