OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2012

From:
Vicci Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 8 Sep 2012 05:53:45 -0400595_us-ascii Good morning, Everyone.

BSBO received a message this morning from East Harbor State Park. Our
friend Chris wrote: I would like to let my friends at BSBO know that the
lake level is low and that at East Harbor State Park there are many sand
bars exposed. These sand bars are covered with gulls, terns, and shorebirds
(mostly "peeps"). Try the swiming beach to the north first. Since I hadn't
heard a "peep" from anyone on the listserv about shorebirds at East Harbor
State Park, I thought I'd pass this along! (Kenn will be proud of my bird
pun!). Visit [...]40_8Sep201205:53:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2012 22:08:09 -0400
On August 30, 2012, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service) published a
Notice of Intent in the Federal Register to work with  partners to begin
development of the Midwest Wind Energy Multi-Species Habitat Conservation
Plan (MSHCP) for all or parts of the eight states in the Service's Midwest
Region (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio and
Wisconsin).
The planning partners include state conservation agencies from the eight
states that will be covered by the Multi-species HCP as well as The
Conservation Fund and the American Wind Energy Association. The American
Wind Energy Association represents a consortium of wind energy companies.

The Service is requesting information and comment concerning the planning
process, permitting approach, biological aspects of the interaction of wind
facilities and species, scientific data that may help inform the HCP or
monitoring of impacts, and any other information that interested parties
would like to offer. Comments may be mailed to: Regional Director, Attn:
Rick Amidon, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Ecological Services, 5600
American Blvd. West, Suite 990, Bloomington, MN 55437-1458; faxed to:
612/713-5292 (Attn: Rick Amidon); or E-mailed to: [log in to unmask]
Deadline for receiving comments is October 1.
More information on this habitat conservation plan can be found at
www.fws.gov/midwest/endangered
Vicci Weeks