OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2012

From:
Kim Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2012 05:53:45 -0400
Good morning, Everyone.

BSBO received a message this morning from East Harbor State Park. Our
friend Chris wrote: I would like to let my friends at BSBO know that the
lake level is low and that at East Harbor State Park there are many sand
bars exposed. These sand bars are covered with gulls, terns, and shorebirds
(mostly "peeps"). Try the swiming beach to the north first.  Since I hadn't
heard a "peep" from anyone on the listserv about shorebirds at East Harbor
State Park, I thought I'd pass this along! (Kenn will be proud of my bird
pun!). Visit the link for an ODNR map of East Harbor.
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/2/parkmaps/eastharborparkmap.pdf

I'm very happy about the cooperative spirit that BSBO has built with our
wildlife agency and state park partners. Sometimes state politics can be
difficult to slog through, but at times like this (and many others!) we're
reminded that there are really great people working for our public
agencies! We can do more good things for birds when we work together.   I
hope some of you can check it out as soon as the weather clears!

Thanks,

Kim

Kimberly Kaufman
Executive Director
Black Swamp Bird Observatory
13551 West State Route 2
Oak Harbor, Ohio 43449
419-898-4070

www.bsbobird.org
www.ohioyoungbirders.org
www.biggestweekinamericanbirding.com

Become a fan of BSBO and the Ohio Young Birders Club on facebook at:
http://www.facebook.com/bsbobird
http://www.facebook.com/ohioyoungbirders

Follow BSBO on Twitter: www.twitter.com/bsbobird

BSBO is proud to sponsor BIRDING OHIO on Facebook