OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2012

From:
Laura Peskin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Peskin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2012 02:08:10 +0000
I probably over the years have been more of a record collector than a bird watcher as I can't get out as much as I should.  I always picked up bird records when I saw them.  In my collection:
1. National Geographic's "Way of a Bird" filmstrip soundtrack  1960s-1970s
2. Borror, Donald J.  (Ohio State)  "Songs of Eastern Birds" with booklet  Dover Records, 1970
3.  Borror, Donald J.  "Commons Bird Songs"  with booklet.  Dover Records.  1967.
4. Boyes, Ed & Ann. 'Wild Bird Songs", Songs and Sounds of Nature series.  1950s-1960s.  Recorded by the Boyeses and probably privately pressed by them too; their address is on back of jacket.
5.  Borror, DJ/ Cornell Lab/ Fed'n of Ontario Naturalists.  "Warblers"  3 record set w/ booklet; latter includes song diagrams.  Library of Natural Sounds.  1985.
If anyone would like me to burn a CD of any of above for their research or birding, let me know, or let me know if you have questions; some of the above might not be on CD, and might be hard-to-find.
Laura