OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2012

From:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2012 16:44:04 -0400
It is not yet complete, but I hope you will find it helpful. I am building a
web site with descriptions and links for all the Ohio eBird hot spots.
http://ohioebirdhotspots.wikispaces.com/

All of the Ohio hot spots are listed by county and alphabetically. First
drafts of descriptions of some well used hot spots (Magee Marsh, Ottawa
National Wildlife Refuge, Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Hoover Reservoir)
are posted. Descriptions of hot spots for Adams through Crawford counties
are ready. I'm currently working on Cuyahoga County.

If you would like to help (perhaps you would like to "adopt" the hot spots
in a county where you frequently bird by writing descriptions of how to bird
there, help build links to Google Maps, proofread, or donate some photos to
make the site more attractive) please let me know. There is a link about how
to help at the bottom of the left menu bar on this new site.

Descriptions are mostly from the "official" web site for each location. I'd
like to add "tips for birding" from birders who have experience there.

It may take several months to work through descriptions of all 1232 Hot
Spots in Ohio. I think it is coming along quite nicely.

Ken Ostermiller
eBird Hot Spot reviewer for Ohio