OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2012

From:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2012 11:31:38 -0500
New Ohio eBird Hot Spot
Goodyear Heights Metro Park is located in Akron in Summit County.
http://ohioebirdhotspots.wikispaces.com/Goodyear+Heights+Metro+Park

I have recently added a BirdTrax gadget to each county page of the Ohio
eBird Hot Spot web site which shows the recent sightings posted to eBird in
that county. For example, to see Summit County visit
http://ohioebirdhotspots.wikispaces.com/Summit+County
and click on "Recent Sightings". I put the gadget at the bottom of the page
so those viewing on a smart phone would also be able to navigate to the hot
spots.

The BirdTrax gadget for the whole state is at the bottom of the main page of
the web site
http://ohioebirdhotspots.wikispaces.com/home
It is set to show rare birds seen in the last month in Ohio. There is a tab
so you can also see all sightings and another tab where you can see
checklists which have been submitted to eBird in Ohio in the last month.

Ken Ostermiller
eBird Hot Spot reviewer for Ohio