OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2012

From:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2012 12:22:31 -0500
We arrived at The Conneaut Sandspit about 9AM. It was not productive except for the usual gulls. After seeing a flock of Snow Buntings fly into the neighboring public beach area, we wandered over to the lower beach parking lot below the gazebo. Immediately we found Lapland Longspurs mixed in with the flock of 30+ Snow Buntings. In the top of a tribrach looking tree to the east of the parking lot, were 12+ Common Redpolls, Ohio species #277 for Denise and I for the year 2012. To the west, at the end of the boardwalk, in the protected cove, were 3 male Common Goldeneyes and a beautiful pair of Long-tailed Ducks. The male had a magnificent super long tail. We also had the company of fellow birders Ryan Golterman and Bob Krajeski. It is presently 12:12PM, we are hoping for afternoon Cave Swallows.

Bob and Denise / Mahoning County