OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2012

From:
Julie Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julie Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2012 21:32:37 -0500
Who cooks for you, who cooks for you all? When it comes to Owls, the OOS
does!  Join us February 15-17, 2013 at Mohican State Park Lodge for this
exciting event! The Ohio Ornithological Society and Greater Mohican Audubon
Society are proud to present The Owls of North America Symposium, a
spectacular weekend of fun, fellowship, and birding. You will hear great
speakers, search for Ohio owls and winter finches, and catch up with birding
friends. Events include talks from Denver Holt, founder of the Owl Research
Institute, Tom Barlett & Bob Scott Placier will share their research of
banding Northern Saw-whet Owls in Ohio and Gail Laux from The Ohio Bird
Sanctuary will teach us the evolution and dynamics of Ohio owls. On Friday
evening, enjoy snacks, drinks from the bar and music from members of The
Rain Crows! Saturday afternoon, travel to one of our field trip locations to
search for owls and other winter birds. Saturday evening, we will offer the
chance to get up close and personal with one of the most adorable birds on
the planet! - A Saw-whet Owl.  Enjoy owl banding with Tom Bartlett, Bob
Scott Placier and Steve McKee! On Sunday we will wrap up the weekend with
field trips in and around Mohican State Park. To register, go to
http://ohiobirds.org/site/owls.php for more information and registration.
Register by January 1 for a $5 discount!

Any questions? Email [log in to unmask]

Julie