OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2012

From:
Lisa Rainsong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2012 00:03:12 -0400
We saw a Northern Shrike almost immediately after arriving at Frohring Meadows in Bainbridge Township, SW Geauga County this afternoon (11-3).  It was visible from the parking lot but was moving between tall goldenrod and trees at the meadow edge.  Also present were about 20 Horned Larks in the recently tilled parts of the meadows that are being replanted.  5 Wilson's Snipe were in a tilled area next to the driveway, and we startled another near one of the wetlands.

Lisa Rainsong and Wendy Partridge
Cleveland Heights