OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2012

From:
Steve Sanford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Sanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2012 19:16:38 -0500
 I returned to Ohio from far-off Sharon PA for the third time today in four days, today with Bill Drolsbaugh again. We joined 6-8 other birders at the boat launch on southeast Mosquito Lake around 1:30 and enjoyed a spectacle of 15+ White-winged Crossbills and one Red Crossbill feasting in excellent view in the pines by the parking area. They gave plenty of time for clear scope views.
 Afterwards we saw all three scoter species of the south side of the causeway along with many Common Goldeneye. We did not see either the Western Grebe or the Eared Grebe today. In a brief stop about 4 PM we saw that the crossbills were still at the boat launch.

Steve Sanford
Sharon PA
bwredbird^at^gmail.com
"I can see Ohio from my front porch." (Really!)