OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2012

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2012 17:08:02 -0800
I stopped at Sims Park in Euclid today (11/4) from 10:10 to 11:30pm.  Here is some of what I was able to ID:

Black Scoters 4 (females)
Surf Scoter 1
White-winged Scoters 3 or 4
Scoters were moving around could of been more they were all in the water
Red-breasted Mergansers 350-400 in water
Green-winged Teal 1
Ruddy Duck 1 (hanging around with Black Scoters)
Common Goldeneye ~ 4
Spotted Sandpiper 1 (east of pier)
American Robins 45+
Ring-billed and Herring Gulls only

Went to Villa Angela/Wildwood SP in Cleveland from 12:00noon to 2:30pm today 11/4.

American Black Duck 1 (WW)
American Coot 1
White-throated Sparrows - very small numbers
White-crowned Sparrow 1 (WW)
Song Sparrows 8
Swamp Sparrow 1
Dark-eyed Juncos 8-10
Carolina Wren 1
Winter Wrens 5
Ruby-crowned Kinglets 5
Hermit Thrush 2 (WW)
American Robins - multiple dozens
Eastern Phoebe 1 (various locations along Euclid Creek in Wildwood)

Saturday (11/3) on my way home I stopped at Bay View in Erie County just north of Rt 2 @ 269 from 3:45 to 4pm. West side of road leading into Bay View at fishermans pull off I stopped and scanned the small body of water you pass just before you drive over the bridge (on the right) over Sandusky Bay there were over 100 Hooded Mergansers (females & males) at the furthest west end mixed with a few Cormorants and gulls.  No other ducks were with them.

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
Northeastern Cuyahoga County
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/