OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2012

From:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2012 07:57:07 -0500
At 6AM yesterday morning, Sunday, I thought I would send a message to help Lark Bunting seekers find the Tuscarawas County visitor. My sent message did not end up being posted till actual time of 1:59PM Sunday afternoon; nearly 8 hours later. At 8:13AM I noticed my message I not been posted yet. Thinking I may have screwed up sending the message, I sent it again with an explanation. Come 10:32AM, still no posting. Once again I foolishly tried again, telling myself this would be the last time. Sometime after 3PM, both messages were posted 2 and one half minutes apart, even though the repeat messages were sent about two and one half hours apart. Does anyone have an explanation for what took place? It is a good thing that it was not a notice of a new rare bird sighting! Another observation I have noticed, is that the time with the post on the ABA Ohio Birding News, is never the actual time that the message was sent or when it was posted.

Bob Lane / sent from Willow Island, West Virginia