OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2012

From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2012 13:50:26 -0500
There are some good birds around today!  I was just at Arcola Creek Estuary on northeast Lake County.  There were 3 long-billed dowitchers about 50 feet south of the creek mouth.  They flew upstream and I was not able eelocate them.  I did have snipe in the marsh.

The LeContes sparrow was in the north part of the marsh west of the creek.  It was in an area of Walter's millet.  It was the only bird in the area.  I saw a few song and swamp sparrows near the perimeter of the marsh.  I also found a marsh wren.

Again, for directions go to lakemetroparks.com.

John Pogacnik