OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2012

From:
Dave Hochadel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hochadel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2012 15:53:35 -0400
I ran into Larry Richardson on the east side of the lake off SR 305. He
pished in a male Red Crossbill in a grove of pines. Also at least 3
Red-breasted Nuthatch. The location is west off SR 305 on the east  side of
the lake. There is a red light where 305 takes a sharp east turn. Go left at
the light down to a State Park parking area. Pines are to the left.

He also said he had an Eared Grebe at the NW end of the lake where
Mahan-Denman Road dead ends. I went up to search and found not 1 but 2 Eared
Grebes hanging close together just offshore with Coots and Ruddy Ducks. Got
close looks at all pertinent field marks with my scope.

Mosquito Lake is hopping right now!

Dave Hochadel