OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2012

From:
Jeffrey White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeffrey White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2012 12:14:57 -0500
The 90th Buckeye Lake Christmas bird count will be this Saturday, December
15th.

This Central Ohio count circle, which is centered on Buckeye Lake, includes
south-central Licking County, northeast Fairfield County, and northwest
Perry County.

A couple excellent driving territories are available, including lake
frontage, plus a metro park that needs walking coverage.

Be sure to check out the website http://BuckeyeLakeBirds.info for a map,
history of this CBC, and more.

Plenty of waterfowl species are present, a black-crowned night heron was
seen a few days ago, eagles, gulls, and more.

Please drop me a line by Friday to let me know if you're interested in
participating on the count and/or meet at 7AM at the Buckeye Lake
McDonald's (SW quadrant of the I-70/SR-79 interchange) for territory
assignments and/or breakfast.

Jeffrey White
Compiler of the Buckeye Lake CBC