OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2012

From:
Doreene Linzell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doreene Linzell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2012 10:02:47 -0500
Dan Sanders and I were able to relocate the Hoary Redpoll at LaDue
Reservoir reported last week by Kent Miller. Take 44 North. Just north of
422 turn right on Washington. Turn left on Valley. The birds are feeding on
the alder trees along the water anywhere from the boat launch to the red
barn at 17200. There is a group of about 70 redpolls. They are very
skittish and fly up every time a car passes. Many times they return to the
same spot. The Hoary has a pinkish breastband, only two flank stripes on
each side, NO markings on the under-tail coverts and a white rump patch.

Doreene Linzell