OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2012

From:
Robert Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2012 10:45:45 -0500
In my previous message regarding yesterday's count I failed to mention the
flock of a dozen or so lesser scaup at the Hebron Fish Hatchery. This would
bring my personal list to 47 species for the day.

Matt (Mithch Lynd's grandson) also had yellow-rumped warblers in the woods
south of the hatchery ponds before we arrived. We missed these in our own
survey of that area, since the activity had lapsed by the time we arrived.

Among other notable misses, we failed to find any golden-crowned kinglets,
which are out and about at these latitudes.

To make up for not seeing them yesterday, I had a delightful pair of
golden-crowned kinglets flit down to within ten feet of me during our (my
wife and mine's) daily walk around our woods this morning.

Bob Evans
Geologist, etc.
Hopewell Township, Muskingum County