OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2013

From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2013 19:34:43 -0500
Today was an interesting day, at least weather-wise.  It started out cloudy
with light rain.  Around 8:30 it got foggy enough that the lake was not
visible.  A front went through dropping the temperature around 20 degrees.
After that the fog cleared.  The constant through the morning was a lack of
bird movement with both waterfowl and gulls.  Numbers on both groups were
pretty low today with nothing of note being seen.

The feeders were not much better today.  I had a group of 50+ redpolls show
up around 8:00.  Two came down to the feeders, a sharp-shinned flew in and
that was it for redpolls the rest of the morning.  The hoary was not seen.

Lakeshore Waterbird Survey

Lakeshore Reservation, North Perry, Lake County

January 13, 2013, 0730-0930

Weather- cloudy w rain, fog, Wind- S 20-30 to SW 10-15

Temperature 62-43  F, Barometer- 29.73-29.85

Humidity-  86-89, dew point- 58-40

Waves- 2-4 feet, Direction- west

Canada goose   1

Gadwall   5