OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2013

From:
Sally/Dave Isacco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sally/Dave Isacco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2013 21:07:06 -0500
Had a great day of birding.  Started at Holden at 7:30AM.  Waited 2hrs for the Bohemian Waxwing to show up.  It then went to the Hollyberry section where it preened and displayed for a good 45 minutes.  It was my nemesis bird for many years!!  Ended up at West Park Cemetery and was pleasantly surprised with the largest group of White-winged Crossbills we have had there ( a 1st this yr.) ( Approx. 25 with at least 4 bright males ).  Mixed in with the group were at least 10 Common Redpolls.  Just wished we had some blue sky!  I know,  I know--I ask for a lot.  The day wasn't over.  Came home to discover that under our feeder,  we were infested with Common Redpolls ( 50-60).  On our feeders,  on the ground and in our trees.  This was around 4PM.  I hope they stick around.  I had to leave to meet my sister ( prior commitment).  Dang!

Sally Isacco, Concord Twp.