OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2013

From:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2013 18:44:25 -0500
The Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park in Franklin County south and west of
Columbus is a popular birding location and has a dozen eBird Hot Spots.
http://ohioebirdhotspots.wikispaces.com/Battelle+Darby+Creek+Metro+Park
Birders have been calling one of these the "Grain Elevator wetlands".
Recently the old grain elevators have been removed from the property, so it
was time to find a new name for the wetland trails there. We have adjusted
the name to

Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park--Wet Prairie Trails Teal/Harrier

The Harrier Loop and the Teal Trail leave from a parking lot near the
location of the old grain elevators. New signs in the area identify these as
"Wet Prairie Trails."

If you have submitted checklists to the old name, eBird will make the
adjustment for you. I wanted you to be aware of the change in case you were
looking for the old name either on the eBird web site or on your birding app.