OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2013

From:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2013 07:53:03 -0500
Birders from all over Ohio have suggested new eBird hot spots to receive
reports of your checklists. Thanks to all who made these suggestions.

Erie County
Schoepfle Garden

Franklin County
Scioto River Trail--Confluence of Scioto and Olentangy Rivers

Hamilton County
Gulf Community Park
Imago Earth Center

Huron County
Augusta-Anne Olsen State Nature Preserve

Licking County
Dawes Arboretum—Red Barn area

Lake County
Pete’s Pond Preserve
Mentor Marsh State Nature Preserve--Zimmerman Trail

Lorain County
Indian Hollow Reservation
Lorain County Community College
New Russia Township Preserve

Stark County
Kent State University--Stark Pond and Wetlands Research Area

Warren County
Caesar Creek SP--Equestrian Campground

You can learn more about any of these locations by going to the Ohio eBird
Hot Spot web site
http://ohioebirdhotspots.wikispaces.com/Birding+in+Ohio
Navigate to the county page and then to the hot spot in which you are
interested. You can view the larger version of the Google map and use it to
get directions to the hot spot.

The BirdTrax report of rarities recently reported in Ohio is working
properly! I have completed updating all the pages so that they should
display properly if you are using a smart phone to view the hot spots.

Ken Ostermiller
eBird Hot Spot reviewer for Ohio