OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2013

From:
Sally/Dave Isacco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sally/Dave Isacco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:54:22 -0500
Refound the bird today between 9-10AM feeding on Staghorn Sumac.  Then proceeded to look for Fish Crows reported by Dan G. yesterday.  Found 2 birds sitting in a tree; unfortunately not calling.  Looked  short legged, maybe small headed but no distinctive call.  Could not add them to my January list! ( Rats )  Late report from yesterday 1-24-13:  the Evening Grosbeaks put on a good show at  Mohican SP--Gorge Overlook.  Between 8:30-9:30AM I observed 11 of them ( 11F/2M).  Besides the feeder,  they were feeding in the hemlocks on the right side of the house.  The Orchard oriole remains at 1011 Carr Rd. just east of Wooster.  Just amazing!
Sally Isacco, Concord Twp.