OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2013

From:
"Bennett, Gregory" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bennett, Gregory
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2013 20:14:38 +0000
Stopped by Summit Lake during lunch today, as I've been doing now for over 10 years. A shoveler or two most winters has steadily grown to a band of over 50 today. The coots are getting so tame, they follow the mallards across the road to a feeder.

Nineteen American black ducks is a good number around here for any date. Could the migration engine be firing? When I see canvasbacks and goldeneyes I'll be sure.

Where are all the red-breasted nuthatches? I saw as many as I ever have this fall, but since winter set in they've been hard to find. Must be south of here?

Peace,

Gregory Bennett

Akron OH

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. ~ Romans 12:2