OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2013

From:
Regina Schieltz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Regina Schieltz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2013 23:21:33 -0500
The Darke County Birders did a driving survey of the north west part of the
county.  No Snow Buntings today, but we did find Lapland Longspurs.

Darke, Darke, US-OH
Jan 5, 2013 12:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
30.0 mile(s)
Comments:     Darke BIrders outing driving from Greenville to Indiana state
line and then out to Woods Road, Ansonia and back to Greenville.
30 species

Canada Goose  120
Mute Swan  10     Domesticated.
Mallard  14
Wild Turkey  12     Wildcat Road wetland area.
Great Blue Heron  3
Northern Harrier  1  Woods Road
Red-tailed Hawk  4
Rock Pigeon  25