OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2013

From:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2013 17:23:23 -0500
Thanks to Marilyn for posting about the Kinglets.  If you are looking for
Golden-crowned Kinglets at a more easily accessible location try The West
Woods (Geauga Park District park on Rt 87, about 1.5 miles east of Rt. 306
in Geauga County) and park at the very first parking lot (horse trailer
lot).  Find the trail near the information board and follow it as it goes
west, paralleling Rt. 87.  Walk about 5 minutes from the parking lot and
keep your eyes and ears open!  Yesterday I had 2 G-c Kinglets there about
1pm with chickadees and titmice.

Matt Valencic
Chagrin Falls, OH
Geauga County