OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2013

From:
Don Stover <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Don Stover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2013 21:13:49 -0500
Jon Minard & I started at 10am this morning checking out eagle nests
in his part of the state. Since I was a passenger and not familur with the
roads there I was lost most of the time so I will not try to go into
detail. The eagles are busy fixing up their nests and in some cases
rebuilding after last years devastating wind storm. We saw a total of 13
eagles and numerous red tail hawks. I forgot my notebook and pen so could
not keep an acurate account.
    The highlight of the day was seeing approximately 600 wild turkeys.
One flock was 250 to 300 strong. They were in a huge field we could look
down on from the road and were absolutly everywhere. There were also three
or four more flocks at different locations with between 50 and 75 turkeys
each.

Don Stover
Columbus