OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2013

From:
Kim Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kim Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2013 16:16:06 -0500
Went this morning to look for the N. Shrike that Ben Warner posted about
yesterday off of Panhandle Rd. in Delaware.  Upon arriving we first spotted
a Kestrel and some Harriers hunting the area.  After one or two passes up
and down Panhandle Rd. we were rewarded with spotting the N. Shrike hunting
on the south side of the road between some shrubs and the back tree line.
This has been a "nemesis bird" for us in Ohio for several years, so we were
quite pleased to find him.  And then to our delight, we discovered that
there are actually two N. Shrikes there at the same time.  Thanks to Ben for
his post.

Good birding everyone.
  Kim and Cindy Graham