OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2013

Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2013 22:19:43 -0500

Hi. I'm new to this list. Have followed for a few years but never posted. I hope I do this correctly.

First, I would like to say I enjoy this list and everyones willingness to share information.

My question is this, and forgive me if it is a rather stupid one, but I would like to know if these cold temperatures hinders activity in birds of prey. I've been wanting to go birding around Circleville for Northern Harriers and Short Eared Owls but didn't know if it would be a wasted trip with these temps. I had the same thoughts on going to Killdeer Plains, too. I just wondered what their activity level typically was in these temps.

Thank you,
Christina

Sent from my Galaxy S®III