OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2013

Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:18:40 -0500
First of the year birds:

Today while looking at new cars around the Beavercreek Factory Road area,
we observed 3 black vultures circling--first of the year for us.

Two very quiet birders and owl seekers,
Ed and Bev

P.S.  With all the concern for the welfare of the owls at Killdeer, we
agree that they need to be protected possibly.  We wonder what effect  dozens
and dozens of men on horses galloping after barking dogs several times a
year and people with shotguns firing at ducks at other times of the year, what
effect that might have on the owls' peace, tranquility and privacy?
Hmmm????