OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2013

From:
Tom Fishburn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Fishburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2013 16:46:14 -0500
My plans to stay home today and catch up on the stuff I’ve
been putting off were changed by the appearance of the Varied Thrush.  The Parma Heights thrush showed up only 7
miles from home at the Kassouf’s back yard.
I saw the email around noon.  When
I got there I was told it headed down the road.
I searched but did not find it.
With Haans’ encouragement that this species is a creature of habit and
was likely to return I hung around.  And
with lucky Irene Krise on site the odd’s got better.  Invited to warm up at the Kassouf’s, Karen
again spotted the celebrity in the backyard.

Photos at this link:

http://fowlman1954.smugmug.com/Nature/2013-Varied-Thrush/28052055_6XxGJ4#!i=2369428422&k=gBk5fjn

Thanks to Karen and Rich for their hospitality and
congratulations on accommodating a wonderful bird!

Tom Fishburn
Berea, OH

"The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."   John 3:8