OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2013

From:
Steve Landes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Landes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2013 13:27:10 -0500
Hi all,
Dan sanders, Doreene Linzell, and I refound the Pauling county Snowy Owl at around 12:30. It is in a field that is bordered by cr 11 and cr 21 on the east and west, and by hwy 111 and cr 24 on the north and south. The address of the house on this field is 10483 road 21 Antwerp OH. The bird was sitting on the edge of a ditch in the middle if the field, perhaps a quarter mile north of 124 halfway between 11 and 21. There are brick colored tiles along the ditch. It is a very white bird, as previously mentioned. A scope is required to get a good look. We obtained permission from the landowner at the address above to walk out into the field a ways to get a closer look. Digiscoped photos will be posted later.
Good birding,
Steve Landes
Sent from my iPhone