OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2013

Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2013 04:08:49 GMT
I finally have seen a sharp-shinned hawk up close and personal this afternoon.  We pulled into the strip of small offices at Karl Street and W. Bagley Road to visit Perk-Cup Cafe' about 5 PM and I spotted a small hawk in a tree in the office building lot just west of the Whistle Stop strip. I couldn't believe my luck as we slowly backed up to try to get another look and the little guy flew off over the detention basin.  For years I have tried to find one of these up close.  There is not much habitat at this little plaza (of course there used to be some nice fields here until they recently messed them up to build this nearly empty office and retail building)- amazing he/she was hanging there. Kathleen Bradley- Berea