OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2013

From:
Paul Hurtado <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Hurtado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2013 23:14:19 -0500
Hi all,

Photos of the Prairie Oaks Metro Park (Franklin Co.) ROSS'S GOOSE, Greater
White-fronted Geese, Cackling Geese and a black-headed Canada Goose are now
available at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S12855086 and
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pauljhurtado.

I noticed a number of eBird reports of Snow Goose at this location
recently, including today. But, there were no Snow Geese present while I
was there. Can anyone verify that there was in fact a Snow Goose present?
Perhaps the Ross's was misidentified as a Snow?

Also, I visited the new nature center at Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park (a
short drive south of Kuhlwein Rd. along Darby Creek Dr.; map at
http://goo.gl/maps/A6yyH). They have an amazing stream tank full of native
fish. It's definitely worth a stop if you're in the area, e.g. if you
happen to be across the street at the old "grain elevator wetlands" (now
the wet prairie trails area).

Good Birding,
Paul Hurtado
<http://people.mbi.ohio-state.edu/hurtado.10>