OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2013

From:
Paul Hurtado <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Hurtado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2013 14:40:37 -0500
Hi Kathi,

First, the long answer. :-)  Head on over to http://www.ebird.org, click
"Explore Data", then "Range and Point Maps", then enter "Harris's Sparrow"
and change the year to "current year" and narrow the location to "Columbus,
OH".  Zoom in on the map, and you'll see the red "Hotspots" where  it has
been reported recently as well as the smaller red "personal locations"
which in this case show more specific location information -- namely, the
Glacier Knoll parking area feeder (left/west) and the Wood Duck area feeder
(right/east) on either side of Bowen Rd.

For driving directions (via google maps), click one of the locations and it
will pull up a link to a checklist (e.g.
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S12665138).  Click the "map"
link at the end of the location name at the top of the checklist, click
"Directions", enter your starting location, and you should be all set! :-)

The short answer?
https://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=39.89389,-82.80679&ll=39.89389,-82.80679

Good luck!
-Paul Hurtado